Massimo Orazio SPATA
Massimo Orazio Spata, PhD, graduated in 1998 in Computer Science, received his PhD degree in Computer Science from Dipartimento di Matematica ed Informatica in 2008. He joined STMicroelectronics Catania in 1999 as CAD Engineer. Since January 2003 he has joined the IPG R&D. In November 2009 he joined Technical Staff Engineer Group, developing R&D know how and skills in Software Development and Algorithms. He collaborates with Universities and Research Institutions involved in different research projects. Since 2017 he is been teaching Computer Science at secondary schools. Since January 2022 he is a researcher for DMI of University of Catania. Author of publications and papers for journal and international conferences concerning the above fields.
Academic Year 2021/2022
- ERG: Energy for a green society: from sustainable harvesting to smart distribution. Equipments, materials, design solutions and their applications. June 2011/2015 - WP4 leader.
- E2SG: Energy to Smart Grid - June 2012/2015.
- ADNA PCR Project: developed software for biomolecular qPCR Image data analysis - 2012/2016.
- HIPPOCRATES: Developed Micro and Nano-Tecnology and Advanced System for human health - January 2012/2016.
- PLAST_ICsII: Electronics on Plastics for ´Smart Disposable Systems 2013.
Technical Know How:
- Expertise in Algorithms and Image Data Analysis
- Expertise in programming language especially Java
- Expertise in Game Theory applied to scheduling problems
- Expertise in distributed software systems as for example Mobile Agent System
- Expertise in Parallel and Distributed Systems
- Expertise in developing software for biomedical devices for DNA analysis
- Expertise in developing software for process control board for robotics systems
- Expertise in developing python deep learning algorithms for modeling application problems
- Expertise in teaching/coaching activity regarding the above items.